Trader – Coffee
Daarnhouwer & Co. B.V. has a rich history as an independent and privately-held trading firm that specializes in sourcing and globally distributing specialty cocoa, specialty coffee, and tree nuts. Our roots, from our early days as a cocoa trader, can be traced back to the year 1908.
Our main office is located next to Zaandam’s Central Station and is home to approximately 25 colleagues. In addition to our trading desks, we have an in-house coffee and cocoa lab where all our coffees and cocoas are graded and certified by our own Q-graders. We take pride in being a flat, flexible organization with a youthful, international and dynamic team that fosters talent and personal initiative.
Our coffee team offers a diverse range of products from multiple origins. We are known in the market as experts in Indonesian and Ethiopian arabica coffees and for having strong relationships in Central America and the Caribbean. We have our own teams, offices, and labs in both Medan (Indonesia) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
To strengthen our coffee team in this rapidly growing and dynamic business, we are currently seeking a:
As a member of our international coffee team, you will be responsible for sourcing and sales, risk management, customer satisfaction, position management, and commercial results. Your independent, hands-on mentality, creativity, communication skills, and drive will enable you to seize market opportunities and further develop the business.
- Further growing existing and developing new supplier and customer relationships
- Purchase and sale contract negotiations
- Inventory and position management
- Keeping track of international markets (and terminal markets)
- Developing new opportunities
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Handling of commercial issues/complaints
- Visit existing as well as potential suppliers and customers (inter)nationally
- Attending fairs and congresses
- Help formulating budgets and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the coffee market
- Written and verbal command of English and Spanish
- Team player with an international mindset
- Proven excellent communication skills
- Trading, contract negotiation and position management skills
- Independent problem solving ability
- Awareness of the latest quality and food safety regulations
- Progressive mindset in support of sustainable production and supply chains
- Willingness to travel internationally (20% of time)
What we offer:
We offer an exciting role with responsibilities in a growing international company with an excellent reputation. You will work as part of a young and international team in a modern office next to the Central Station of Zaandam with free company lunch. We provide great working conditions with a competitive fixed remuneration package in combination with an excellent variable remuneration based on individual, team, and company results. This is a full-time position (40 hours).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and CV to HR@daarnhouwer.nl