Senior Financial Administrator
About the job
Daarnhouwer & Co. B.V. has a rich history as an independent and privately-held trading firm that specializes in sourcing and globally distributing specialty cocoa, specialty coffee, and treenuts. Our roots, from our early days as a cocoa trader, can be traced back to the year 1908.
Daarnhouwer’s mission is to be a responsible, pure play, relationship based, trading house connecting the coffee, treenuts and cocoa markets in Europe, S-E Asia and North America with products sourced globally. We are known experts in the markets for Indonesian and Ethiopian Arabica coffees, a variety of Treenuts like Almonds, Hazelnuts & Cashews and fine flavor, organic and certified Cocoa beans and Cocoa products.
Our main office is located next to Zaandam’s Central Station and is home to approximately 30 colleagues from a variety of countries. The business language is mostly English, communication within the company and team is conducted in a mixture of Dutch & English. We take pride in being a flat, flexible organization with a youthful, international and dynamic team that fosters talent and personal initiative.
Our finance team is crucial for the company to operate in a complex and interesting business environment. The trading desks have a strong dependency on a reliable finance organisation managing administration, banking, forex and monthly results.
In our team of 5 there is a vacancy for a senior financial administrator. You will play a pivotal role managing our administration and banking operations. You are independent, pro-active, have hands-on mentality, good communication skills and are keen on improving ways of working. You will participate in the current project to update our accounting system to the latest standards.
- Manage financial administration, month- and year-end process together with the Controller
- Most senior user managing our accounting & banking systems
- Monthly balance sheet review
- Main point of contact with our trading desks with regard to (credit) insurance & desk costs
- Processing (outsourced) Payroll system & pension benefits
- Bachelor’s (MBO/HBO) degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3/5 years work experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting and accounting systems (preferably Navision/ Business Central)
- Preferably experience in a sector with a similar dynamic (Commodity, Trade, FMCG)
What we offer:
We offer an exciting role with responsibilities in a growing international company with an excellent reputation. You will work as part of a young and international team in a modern office next to the Central Station of Zaandam with free company lunch and company bike plan. We provide great working conditions with a competitive fixed remuneration package, pension benefits and a variable remuneration based on individual and company results. This is a position for 32 to 40 hours a week (hybrid).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your motivation and CV to HR@daarnhouwer.nl